If you like Nutella, you’ll love this recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies. These chocolaty, chewy delights are perfect for holiday baking or anytime you need a treat. These luxurious cookies are the perfect solution when only chocolate will do. These can be served with my Best Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies or Chocolate Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies for a full-on cookie-fest your guests will never forget!
I got the idea for these cookies while browsing Cooking Classy’s Food blog. I came across her Nutella Stuffed cookies and thought they looked incredible. I didn’t have the time for the extra step of stuffing the cookies, but it made me crave the flavor combinations so I came up with my own recipe.
Oh my goodness, is this a cookie you need to try! These decadent cookies are like getting two different kinds of cookies in one amazing treat. They aren’t just your everyday double chocolate chip cookie, these little beauties have Nutella mixed right into the dough!
Chocolate and hazelnut flavors not only make these cookies deliciously flavorful and completely irresistible, but they give these them an outrageous chewy texture. Trust me, you’re cookie recipe book collection needs this addition!
To make them, start with melt bittersweet chocolate chips and Nutella together of in the microwave on medium power in 30-second intervals until just melted.
Then, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Add melted chocolate mixture and mix until combined. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine well.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Chill dough 8 hours.
Once chilled, line the cookie sheets with parchment/grease-proof paper. Using tablespoon drop the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes until tops have cracked. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Other Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Christmas Crinkle Cookies
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Don’t have time to chill the dough? Drop the cookies right on to the pan and bake. The end result will be a more crisp, flat cookie that tastes just a good!
- For an extra hit of hazelnuts, add a half cup of chocolate chips instead of a cup and a half cup of chopped hazelnuts to the dough.
- The raw dough can be frozen. Just though and bake from chilled whenever you need to.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips, to be melted
- ½ cup NUTELLA (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, SOFTENED
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips with the Nutella on medium power in 30-second intervals until just melted. Set Aside
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy.
- Add melted chocolate and Nutella mixture and mix until combined. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough 8 hours (skipping this step will result in a flat, crisp cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment/grease-proof paper. Using tablespoon drop the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until tops have cracked. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.