Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are a real classic and this recipe will not disappoint – they are moist chewy and a wonderful treat for chocolate lovers everywhere!
My husband has a chocolate addiction. He says he can live without it, but I have my doubts. It’s his only vice (although he’ll tell you he doesn’t have any).
I was starting to suspect that every time I baked a muffin or cake, he secretly wished it was something chocolate. With that in mind, I decided to create the most chocolaty cookie I could. This was the end result. Needless to say, they did not disappoint!
If you like your cookies thicker and a bit more chewy, you can refrigerate the dough before baking anywhere from 1 hour – 1 day.
- 1 CUPS SEMI SWEET/DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS TO BE MELTED
- 1 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1/4 CUP UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER
- 1 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- 1/4 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/2 CUP SALTED BUTTER SOFTENED
- 1/4 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1/2 CUP PACKED LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 1 EGG
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 CUPS SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Preheat oven to 325F
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 cup dark chocolate chips on medium power in 30 second intervals until just melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Add melted chocolate and mix until combined. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Stir in remaining cup of chocolate chips.
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment/grease-proof paper. Using tablespoon drop the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes until tops have cracked. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.