Classic Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are a real classic and this recipe will not disappoint – they are moist chewy and a wonderful treat for chocolate lovers everywhere! These cookies have double the chocolate – Cocoa powder and chocolate chips (both whole & melted that’s mixed into the batter).
Nothing beats a good old fashioned chocolate chip cookie. I think we can all agree on that, and my Classic Chocolate Chip Recipe is a favorite in this house, but a girl’s gotta work and unless it’s a special occasion, I rarely get to bake recipes that aren’t new creations.
My husband has a chocolate addiction. He says he can live without it, but I have my doubts. It’s his only vice (although he’ll tell you he doesn’t have any).
I was starting to suspect that every time I baked a muffin or cake, he secretly wished it was something chocolate. With that in mind, I decided to create the most chocolaty cookie I could. This was the end result. Needless to say, they did not disappoint!
To make them, start with melting 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips on medium power in 30 second intervals until just melted.
Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Add melted chocolate and mix until combined.
Add egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine well.Add the melted chocolate.
Mix until combined followed by the dry ingredients.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Line the cookie sheets with baking paper. Using tablespoon drop the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes until tops have cracked.
Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- If you like your cookies thicker and a bit more chewy, you can refrigerate the dough before baking anywhere from 1 hour – 1 day.
- The raw cookie dough can be frozen and thawed to bake when ever you’d like.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips to be melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 cup dark chocolate chips on medium power in 30 second intervals until just melted. Set aside
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Add melted chocolate and mix until combined. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Stir in remaining cup of chocolate chips.
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment/grease-proof paper. Using tablespoon drop the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes until tops have cracked. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.