This recipe for Chocolate Brownie Cookies is the perfect balance between a crisp cookie and a fudgy brownie.
If you love chocolate cookies, you’ll love these dark, chewy delights. Plus, they can be frozen and baked whenever you need a chocolate fix!
I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again – My husband loves brownies. I mean he LOVES them. He asks me to make them on a weekly basis (I’m not kidding). The man couldn’t live without chocolate if he tried.
The thing is, if I made Chocolate Brownies every week, I wouldn’t have much news to share with all of you.
So this week, I made him brownies in a cookie form (just to switch it up a little). These cookies are really amazing, they are chocolatey and fudgy and rich, and they stand up to my brownies any day.
They are chocolate studded and have a delicious, soft middle so make plenty of them as they’re guaranteed to be a hit!
These cookies can also be altered by adding nuts. With the big chunks of chocolate and as well as nuts, they make the perfect grown-up cookie.
Other Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 1 cup semi-sweet/dark chocolate chips to be melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet/dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F/170C
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 cup dark chocolate chips on medium power in 30-second intervals until just melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Add melted chocolate and mix until combined. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Stir in the remaining cup of chocolate chips.
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment/grease-proof paper. Using an ice cream scoop, drop the dough in large balls 3 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. This makes 6 large cookies.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until tops have cracked. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.