This recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies is my the perfect cookie recipe. They are crisp on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside and full of buttery goodness.
Chocolate Chip cookies are one of the best things on earth and this recipe is no exception!
This is one of the recipes I am most proud of. Anyone who has ever had them just rave about them and I make these more than any other recipe I have ever created.
I give these cookies as gifts for Christmas and when ever my son has a bad day and needs a a pick me up. What makes you feel happy like the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven?
One of the bet comments on this blog was from an 80 year old lady who told me in so many words that this recipe is the best recipe she has ever made. She said that these cookies are of mine ate IT. What a compliment right? You can read her whole comment below, but I have to say that her comment is why I do this!
So thank you Katherine for taking the time to give such fantastic feedback!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose/plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda/bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/3 cups butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet/plain chocolate chips
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together into a large mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl. beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in until fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour (but it could be left over night).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/190C.
- Drop a heaping tablespoonful of the dough (about 2 inches apart) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment/grease proof paper.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown around the edges but soft in the middle, about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.