This stunning recipe for Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies gives homemade shortbread a chocolaty spin and an impressive finish.
I absolutely love shortbread – I always have. Just search this site for the word shortbread and you’ll find quite a few recipes that put new spins on making it. Anything from Billionaire Shortbread that tops shortbread with salted caramel and a layer of chocolate to fruity tarts that have a shortbread base. I just can’t get enough of the stuff!
These Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies are my latest creation and I don’t know if shortbread gets any better! You just can’t go wrong with this combination.
The bittersweet chocolate gives them makes them perfectly balanced with sweet, buttery flavors that will leave you wanting more.
Trust me I know. These little beauties were hard to resist!
To make them the perfectly formed cookies that they are I used the Cake Boss Molded Braid Cookie Pan. (As an Amazon Associate, a small commission is made from qualifying purchases).If you’re in the UK on Amazon.co.uk here: Cake Boss 1-Piece Carbon Steel 12 Cup Rounded Cookie Pan Round Braided (As an Amazon Associate, a small commission is made from qualifying purchases).
I just love the professional finish the pan gives these beautiful cookies.
One big tip for this recipe is to use cold butter. A lot of shortbread recipes don’t require it but I have always used it with shortbread as it helps it hold its shape without puffing out of the pan too much. I also should point out that I packed it in filling each mold halfway. It makes it much easier to get them out of the pan.
These Chocolate Coated Shortbread Cookies have a light, buttery flavor with just the right amount of sweetness and are impossible to resist.
After they have cooled I just dipped them into melted chocolate and left them to set. It’s that easy.
Other Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
- Vanilla Spritz Shortbread Cookies
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Christmas Crinkle Cookies
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter chilled and cut into cubes
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F/160C.
- Grease a Cake Boss Molded Braid Cookie Pan (if using one pan you will have to do a few batches)
- Using a food processor or mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter, sugar, vanilla and brown sugar vigorously until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. It’s an important step to beat the butter and sugar well together when making shortbread as this ensures the shortbread is light, crisp and will hold together.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and salt. Add it to the butter mixture and mix until blended (forming large clumps).
- Turn onto a floured surface and using floured hands, press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan (filling each section a little over halfway).
- Bake 12 -15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- I did mine in batches and took them out of the pan while hot. They came out easily. Remove them from the pan when ready and place them on a cooling rack until cool. Then dip each cooled cookies into the melted chocolate and leave on a cooling rack to set.