Everyone needs a treat now and then, and this recipe for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies is packed with chocolate and oats are a treat to satisfy any craving!
What better treat is there than homemade Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies?
My family loves coming home with the house filled with the scent of fresh baked cookies. Of course two of their favorites are chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies. This recipe is the perfect hybrid of them both and boy, do they love them!
To make them, you start with creaming the butter and sugar together. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla.
I love that they have the perfect texture with their crisp edges and soft and chewy on the inside, I also can’t resist those delicious chocolate chips in every bite! And a little hint of coconut just takes these cookies over the top!
So this a cookie you need to try! These decadent cookies are like getting two different kinds of cookies all in one. Trust me, you’re cookie recipe book definitely needs this one added.
Everyone needs a treat now and then, and this recipe is packed with chocolate and oats are a treat to satisfy any craving!
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Prepare cookie sheets with baking paper
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the oats and coconut. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, and sugars until fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and then add the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture by hand, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add the dough the the prepared pan 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.