If you’re a fan of peanut butter, you’re going to love This Classic Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. They have a soft, crisp texture, crave-worthy Peanut buttery flavor, and that iconic crisscross pattern, this cookie favorite is loved by kids and adults alike.
Welcome to the only peanut butter cookie recipe you’ll ever need. This recipe is loved by all who try it, and I promise if you make them – you’ll make them time and time again.
Peanut Butter cookies are such what childhood memories are make of. If you’re a peanut butter lover, you definitely have fond memories of someone making them for you. The smell of them filling up the house is such a nostalgic treat.
In our house we like our peanut butter cookies crisp around the edges, if you prefer a softer, cookie you can always bake them for a shorter time.
Making this recipe isn’t difficult. You start by creaming the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
The secret ingredient to my peanut butter cookies is golden syrup instead of only using sugar to sweeten the cookies. The syrup adds an extra depth of flavor and richness to the color. It really is amazing how much flavor these cookies have without the peanut butter stealing the show. Golden Syrup is common in English baking and I’ve fallen in love with it since moving here. I know it can be hard to find in the US, so you can buy it in here on Amazon.
Next blend in peanut butter & golden syrup, followed by the egg.
- For a for a gooier cookie, you can add and extra egg.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla for and extra depth of flavor.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and a handful of dark chocolate chips for a wonderful, drop cookie variation.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Everyone needs a treat now and then - What could be better with a glass of cold milk than a warm, crisp peanut butter cookie?
- ½ Cup Butter softened
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar packed
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Golden Syrup or golden corn syrup
- 1 Large Egg
- 1½ Cups All-Purpose/Plain Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in peanut butter & golden syrup, followed by the egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Blend it into the peanut butter mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Shape into a log and chill until firm 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven 350f/180c
Line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper or non stick foil
- Cut into ¼ inch/5mm thick slices and arrange on a prepared cookie sheet and Flatten the slices with a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the cookies.
- Bake about 9-12 minutes (until golden).
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and leave to cool before eating.