This recipe for Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookies has peanut butter, hazelnut spread, and three types of nuts added to the dough to make one fantastic cookie!
If you like nuts then these cookies have it covered – Almonds, walnuts, pecans, peanut butter, hazelnut spread, and dark chocolate chips are all packed into these fantastically nutty cookies that are enjoyed best warm with a cold glass of milk!
I wish I could say that the photos did these cookies justice, but they really don’t! This recipe is one of the best cookie recipes I have ever made! They are crisp on the outside, chewy in the middle and packed with nuts and chocolate chips!
I have to admit that my latest baked recipes have been inspired by employees at my gym. It started with bringing in sweet treats for my personal trainer – who shared them with the other personal trainers and employees. They have all loved my baked goods so much that I’ve asked them what their favorites are to give me my baking inspiration. These were inspired by my trainer who loves chocolate chip cookies.
I’ve already done quite a few chocolate chip cookie recipes like my Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and my Chocolate Chip Blondies recipe made with the same dough. I had to think of something else I could do.
Just adding nuts wasn’t enough so I looked in my pantry and found hazelnut spread and peanut butter. I knew I was on to a winner as soon as I tasted the dough! I’m telling you I could have eaten it all right then and there!
I ate one warm and let me tell you – it’s the way to go! Well, you can’t eat then all warm, but you have to try at least one before it cools.
Other Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Christmas Cookies
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1½ cups brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut spread such as Nutella
- 1 cup chopped nuts I used almonds, pecans, and walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together into a large mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl. beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in until fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time
- mix in the peanut butter and hazelnut spread. Followed by the vanilla
- Mix in the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- stir in the nuts and chocolate chips by hand until combined
- Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour (but it could be left overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/190C.
- Drop a heaping tablespoonful of the dough (about 2 inches apart) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment/greaseproof paper.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown around the edges but soft in the middle, about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.