This recipe for Chocolate Chip Blondies is unbelievably delicious! They are chewy, moist and delicious – the perfect cross between a cookie and a brownie!
These Blondies have the fudgy texture of a brownie and the buttery, sweet, vanilla flavor of chocolate chip cookies making them a treat that’s sheer perfection.
My Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is probably the one recipe I’m most proud of. They are loved (and craved) by anyone I have ever made them for.
I get more emails on those cookies than any other recipe. So when I saw an episode of the Barefoot Contessa where she was making both cookies and Blondies from the same chocolate chip cookie dough, I knew I had to do it with my recipe!
I can’t tell you how glad I am that I tried it because they are to die for and this is now my go to gift recipe. They are so quick and easy to make! I make huge batches at Christmas time and give them out as gifts to anyone from neighbors to teachers at my son’s school.
They are always a big hit and I’m often asked to make them when I have friends coming to visit.
I’ve also used this recipe as a base for my Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate Blondies (pictured below). If you haven’t seen them – they are something that can’t be missed! They are by far the most popular recipe on this site.
I eat them warm, but they are just as good fully cooled!
- Blondies can be store in an air tight container for three days (although I’ve never had them last that long).
- I’m often asked if Blondies can be frozen. I’m sure they could be, but my advise is to freeze the dough, defrost it and then bake them. My opnion is that freshly baked is always best.
- The key to making blondies chewy and fudgy is to not over cook them. I bake them 25 minutes and to check if they’re perfectly baked, I gently shake the pan. If they giggle, put them back in the oven for five minutes at a time until just set (they can still have a very slight giggle). Keeping them from being over baked keeps the blondies perfectly moist.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Chocolate Chip Blondies
If you love the flavor of chocolate chip cookies, with this recipe, you'll will get that same great taste in these cookie bars. They're delicious, can be whipped up in no time, making them perfect for when you need a treat in a hurry.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1½ cups light-brown sugar packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 f/ 170c degrees.
Grease and flour an 8 x 12 baking pan.
Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together into a large mixing bowl.
In a large mixing bowl. beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a until fluffy.
Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla.
Mix in the flour mixture by hand until combined (this avoids a cake like consistency).
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, give the pan a little shake. If it giggles in the middle, put the pan back in and try again every 5 minutes until there is no longer a giggle.