This speedy, simple recipe for Quick Chinese Shrimp Noodle Soup has maximum flavor with minimum effort.
I absolutely adore Chinese noodle dishes. I just love how you can get a flavorful, nourishing meal in so little time. This soup is a little bit sour, sweet and savory in equal measure and the chilli flakes add a bit of a kick, but if your not a fan of hot spices, you can always leave it out.
- 6 oz Chinese noodles of your choice
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 star anise
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 green onions/spring onions
- 1 small head of Bok Choy/Pak choi chopped or sliced
- 20 raw shrimp cleaned and deveined
- Chilli flakes
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions and then drain.
- Add the chicken stock, fish sauce, soy sauces, lime juice, star anise, brown sugar, green onions and bok choy.
- Bring to the boil and add the shrimp cook until the turn pink and add the noodles.
- Warm through, then pour into a bowl and serve topped with chilli flakes.