This delicious recipe for Thai Curry Noodles with Chicken is a creamy, tangy, Asian style curry that makes a simple supper – perfect for feeding the family.
My latest foodie obsession is all things curry. Growing up, my family never cooked any type of curry dish so it’s not something I tried cooking before moving here to the UK.
But Curries in the UK is like Chinese food in America. It’s the go to take out choice. For me it was love at first taste and I’ve never looked back since!
My husband and I absolutely love Thai food. We recently ate at our local Thai restaurant and they had a curry noodle dish on the lunch specials menu. I just knew I had to try it! It was delicious and one of my favorite things to do is trying to re-create dishes I’ve ordered and loved.
This Thai Curry Noodles with Chicken recipe is definitely going to be a new favorite dish in our house! All of us loved it (even my little boy)! Despite its unique list of ingredients it was really easy to make.
This dish is great for using up left over chicken, but I do love the shortcut of using store-bought rotisserie chicken. Either way you’ll end with a delicious noodle dish you’ll want to make again and again!
The heat in this Thai Curry Noodles with Chicken dish isn’t too hot (I remove the seeds from the peppers), but be aware that some curry pastes contain a lot of heat so take look at the ingredients before you decide on including the chili pepper. Enjoy!
This recipe is creamy, tangy curry based on dishes from northern Thailand. It's a simple supper, perfect for feeding the family.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 red chili pepper , sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Curry Paste or Thai red Paste
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Curry Powder UK - Schwartz Mild Curry Powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 oz cooked chicken , chopped
- 8 ounces egg noodles , cooked al dente according to package instructions
- Lime Juice (1 lime - approx 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro , chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add the sliced chili peppers and saute another minute. Add the curry paste (be careful - it may splatter) and curry powder, and stir for another minute.
- Stir in the chicken stock, cover the pot, and bring everything to a boil.
- Once boiled, add the coconut milk and soy sauce, and bring back to boil again.
- Add the chicken and noodles, and cook everything, uncovered, until the noodles are the desired softness.
- Turn off the heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.