I don’t like to make anything in warm weather that takes more than a half hour to cook so Chinese dishes fit the bill. I absolutely love Chinese soups, but am never satisfied from the noodle soups available from my local Chinese take out. The noodles are always soggy, the vegetables are water logged and the broth is always flat and tasteless. I’d much rather make it myself.
So I came up with this recipe and I couldn’t be happier with the results. If you’re a fan of Chinese Noodle dishes, you will love this soup!I love cooking with dried mushrooms. They add so much flavor to every dish. I add the liquid I soak them in to this broth and it gives suck a beautiful hit of flavor to it.Even with soaking the mushrooms, this recipe took only fifteen minutes to make. So it makes it even better! I also used a mixture of Chinese greens – Choy Sum & Pok Choy. I love both these vegetables and add them to a lot of my Chinese cooking.
I make a similar version that I add grated garlic and ginger to, but this was a simple quick meal so I left it out. I have to say, that will the mushroom liquid, this is so flavorful, it really wasn’t missed!
Chinese Mushroom Noodle Soup
This beautifully flavorful recipe for Chinese Mushroom Noodle Soup is a quick & easy soup with an oriental twist that'll win over family and friends!
- 1 ounces dried morel, porcini or chinese mushrooms
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable Stock
- 3 Green onions finely sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium Dark Soy Sauce
- 4 ounces Dried Chinese noodles of your choice quick cook - no longer than 5 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup Bok Choy/Pak choi chopped or sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Choy Sum chopped or sliced
- Soak the mushrooms in 2-3 cups of hot water for 10 minutes, then remove the mushrooms from the water with a slotted spoon and reserving 1 cup of the liquid.
- Slice the mushrooms and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the green onions, soy sauces, oyster sauce, mushrooms, mushroom liquid, Bok Choy, Choy Sum & the noodles. Return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook according to noodle package instructions (just until tender).