This recipe for Perfect Chinese Noodles is an example of how you make your own delicious, healthy and fresh Chinese meal right in your own kitchen.
Take out Chinese noodles can so often be greasy, soggy and really unhealthy. If you choose your ingredients well and don’t over cook them, their flavors will be sealed in.
I like to use the light colored Chinese egg noodles from the supermarket apposed to the dried dark looking noodles you so often see. The trick to perfect noodle stir fries is to cook the noodles until they are al dente or just slightly under cooked and then when drained, rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking process. Doing it this way, will prevent the noodles from getting over cooked and soggy when you add them to the stir fry.
I love this recipe and my husband actually prefers it to our local Chinese restaurant. I originally posted this dish about a year ago, but the photos needed a makeover and I re-test older recipes from time to time so that if people have questions, I know how to answer them.
After re-testing I added a few extra ingredients to ad more flavor. I hope you enjoy it and if you do make it, please check back and leave a comment to let me know what you thought.
This dish can easily be turned into a vegetarian meal by adding steamed broccoli instead of the cooked meat.
- 1 lb Chinese noodles of your choice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger grated
- 3 green onions sliced into thin rounds
- 1 8oz package of fresh stir fry vegetables
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup cooked meat of your choice cut into bite size(optional)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce optional
- Ground black or white pepper to taste
- Cook the noodles a little less than stated on the package instructions (until just under done), then drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok over a high heat. Once hot, add the garlic, ginger and green onions and stir-fry for 30 secs before adding the stir fry vegetables. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sherry and allow to almost evaporate before adding any meat you are using and cooked noodles. Toss so that all of the ingredients are combined.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add both of the soy sauces, oyster sauce and pepper.
- Stir-fry for a further 1-2 mins before adding the green onions, then toss to combine and serve.