These delicious Mini Banana Bread Loaves are a great way to use up overripe bananas. Once you’ve tried this recipe, these little beauties will become a household favorite!
An overripe banana turning the wrong shade of brown is a common sight in many kitchens and the quick turnaround time between the perfect banana and over-ripeness means they often end up getting thrown away when they shouldn’t.
When a banana loses its firmness it may not be appetizing as a snack, but it’s the perfect time to bake with them. Try this recipe and you may never waste another banana!
If you can’t get the pan I used, you can just as easily baked for 30 minutes in a 2 lb loaf pan.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
- 2⁄3 cup butter softened, plus extra for the tin
- 3⁄4 cup superfine or granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- Handful dried banana chips for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 375F/170C
- Grease a Mini Loaf pan or 2lb loaf pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs with 1/2 the flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder, and bananas.
- Using an ice cream scoop add the batter into the pan and bake for about 20 minutes (30 minutes for the large loaf pan) or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!