This luscious Summer Fruit Compote makes the perfect addition to anything from yogurt, pancakes for breakfast, to ice cream for a cool summertime dessert.
It’s so easy to be lured into the fruit section of the grocery store this time of year. All those fresh, colorful fruits look so inviting. I am famous for overbuying and then scrambling for a way to use my ripe fruit before it gets too ripe. Fruit compote is a great way around the problem.
This is a great dish to have in your fridge to drizzle over yogurt or pancakes for breakfast or with ice cream for dessert. I have to say that it tastes just as good warm as it does cold so be sure to try it both ways! Try serving it with my Easy No Churn Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, delicious!
You can use what ever fruit you want as well. If you don’t have peaches nectarines work great. No strawberries – try raspberries. Your options are open so use whatever combination suits you!
More Great Breakfast Recipes
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let's Make Fruit Compote
- 4 ripe peaches
- 8 ounces blueberries
- 8 ounces strawberries cleaned and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- zest and juice 1 orange
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Peel the peaches and then cut each one in half, then cut each half into slices
- Add the fruit, sugars, zest, juice, and butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves (about 2-3 minutes). The fruit will soften slightly and the butter, juice & sugar will make a sauce that coats it.
Tips + Notes
- You can use whatever fruit you prefer. If you don’t have peaches, nectarines work great. No strawberries – try raspberries. Your options are open!