This Cream Cheese & Ricotta Stuffed Piquante Peppers recipe makes a delicious dish that is perfect for antipasti or ‘Hors d’oeuvres’.
Great for a picnic basket treat. It’s a deliciously simple recipe and a real crowd-pleaser.
If you’ve never heard of a Piquante pepper, now is the time to try them! These little peppers are a wonderful, sweet and spicy petite pepper that is available in many varieties from mild (my favorite) to hot which I bought once and it was too hot for me, but if you like hot and spicy – go for it.
Why This Recipe Works
- This simple recipe is so quick you can whip it up at a moment’s notice.
- The combination of cream cheese and ricotta cheese gives a luscious silky filling that can’t be beat.
- Simple seasoning makes this flavorful but not overpowering bitesize treat.
How to make Cream Cheese & Ricotta Stuffed Piquante Peppers
- Combine the cream cheeses in a bowl.
- Add oil from the jarred peppers and season.
- Stuff the peppers and sprinkle with fresh chopped basil.
- Serve & enjoy!
I’ve seen them in the supermarket pre-stuffed, but after sitting in the jar of oil, they really lacked taste and the creaminess they need to cut the heat and make them more enjoyable
Making them is so easy. Just mix up the filling and either pipe or spoon in the mixture.
I do find piping the filling easier when doing larger amounts. Like with my Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppadews.
Other Great Recipes
Did you make this?
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Cream Cheese & Ricotta Stuffed Piquante Peppers
- 25-30 jarred Piquante peppers
- 4 oz soft cream cheese room temperature
- 2 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons the oil from the jarred peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped basil
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and Ricotta cheese, stirring until evenly incorporated.
- Add the oil from the jarred peppers as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time, to thin out filling if necessary. (The filling should be the consistency of whipped cream cheese).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill each Piquante with about 1/2 teaspoon of filling (depending on the size of the pepper).
- If needed, with clean hands, press the filling into the pepper with your fingers.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 hours; let come to room temperature for 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil before serving.