These Triple Chocolate Mini Brownies are sinfully delightful with their robust chocolate taste and the buttery saltiness of the toasted pecans. This is a magical combination! If you enjoy making these mini treats, why not try my Mini Banana Bread Loaves and Mini Honey Cornbread Loaves for a tiny treat fest!
I created this mini version of my Triple Chocolate Brownies for a post I’ve done for Becky at The Cookie Rookie. She’s away on her honeymoon and asked me to fill in for her with a guest post. She’s one of my favorite food bloggers so I was really honored that she wanted me to do a post for her site!
There are few things in the world that taste better than a brownie. Sweet, rich and indulgent, it’s one of my absolute favorite treats! But brownies and I don’t always get along.
I have a long history of brownie disasters. I have been trying to master my own creation of the perfect chocolate brownie for a really long time. Until now, every time I have made them, they have tasted great, but just weren’t quite right – too squidgy (is that a word?), too soft, too cakey – I can go on and on!
So with this recipe, I finally mastered the brownie! I was setting up to make a batch to share with you when my son suggested I make them in a tartlet pan. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous (considering my history with brownies)!
Messing with the recipe I finally got right just didn’t sit well with me, but who can say no to a six-year-old with the best smile on earth?
Making them couldn’t be easier – it’s all done in one pot!
Using an ice cream scoop, add the mixture to the pan and top each one with a pecan.
Let your helper lick the spoon.
Bake and try not to devour them straight from the oven!
Serve and enjoy!
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Triple Chocolate Mini Brownies
For the salt-roasted pecans:
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 24 pecan halves
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the brownies:
- ½ cup dark chocolate chopped, about 3oz
- ½ cup cocoa powder sifted
- ⅔ cup butter cubed
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup optional
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and grease two 12 section tartlet pans or 8-inch square pan.
- For the salt-roasted pecans, melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat and add the pecans and salt. Stir and toast the pecans for about 5 minutes, until the pecans have a nutty aroma (the salt will not dissolve, but adds a nice crunch). Remove the pan from the heat and cool while preparing the brownies.
- In a large pan melt the butter, golden syrup, and chopped chocolate, mixing until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add the water and stir until well blended.
- Stir in the brown & granulated sugars, and eggs, mix well until combined.
- Stir in the cocoa powder.
- Add flour, vanilla, and salt and blend (be careful not to over mix or the texture will end up cake-like instead of fudgy)
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into the pans, or spread into the 8-inch pan. Arrange the pecan halves on top.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until the tops of the brownies lose their shiny appearance.
- If baking in an 8- inch pan, bake an additional 10 -15 minutes.