This recipe for Mini Honey Cornbread Loaves puts a new twist on regular cornbread. They are sweet, tender and baked to perfection.
If you are a regular reader of Erren’s Kitchen, then you know that I love all things cornbread related and crave it a lot which means I create new cornmeal recipes every few months. I can’t help it, I just love the stuff!
I’ve made, classic corn muffins (That recipe isn’t very sweet at all so this time I went for a much sweeter version using extra sugar and some honey for an extra depth of flavor), cornbread pancakes, and corn muffins with both blueberries and strawberries. They really turned out tender and delicious and I really hope you like them!
I’d say more, but as this is probably the fifth or sixth post on cornbread, what more can I say except, if like me, you’re a lover of cornbread – this recipe will not disappoint!
Oh, and for your information – you can get the pan I baked them in here in Amazon.
JUST A HEADS UP – THE AMAZON LINK ABOVE IS AN AFFILIATE LINK, WHICH MEANS I MAKE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE.
To make them, you don’t even need a mixer – just a bowl and a wooden spoon.
Tip: To keep the loaves consistent in size, use an ice cream scoop to fill the pan.
Bake until golden brown.
Serve warm or cooled, they are a thing of beauty!
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 2 cups fine cornmeal
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey
- Pre-heat oven to 425 f/ 220c
- Grease a mini loaf pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and form a well into the middle of the mixture.
- Mix egg, milk, melted butter, oil, and honey in a large mixing bowl. Pour into the well of dry ingredients; mix well.
- Divide batter into the pan, filling the sections ¾ of the way (This makes 12 – 15 loaves).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.