Give the classic blueberry muffin a makeover with this recipe for Blueberry Cornbread Muffins. They are fluffy, moist, and simply divine!
Simple Cornbread Muffins
These simple blueberry corn muffins come together in no time for a delicious morning treat. Tender from sour cream and bursting with blueberries, this recipe can’t be beat!
Why This Recipe Works
- Using fine cornmeal allows wet ingredients to be easily absorbed.
- Using butter as well as oil gives these muffins both moisture and buttery goodness.
- The addition of sour cream gives these muffins a moist, tender crumb.
I ate mine warm with some butter and they were fantastic! The blueberries just exploded in my mouth, giving a burst of flavor and the muffins were, light and fluffy!
As I write this, I am fighting the urge to go and bake another batch!
Being the feeder I am, I gave some to the couple next door and every time they see me, they rave about those muffins. The wife told me they were, ‘Simply divine’ and I have to agree.
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Blueberry Cornbread Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fine cornmeal
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 425 f/ 220c
- Prepare a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and form a well into the middle of the mixture.
- Mix egg, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Pour into the well of dry ingredients; mix well.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter into the lined muffin pan, filling them 3⁄4 of the way. This makes a large muffin. (12 – 15 muffins).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.