This recipe for Blueberry Cornbread Muffins is simply divine. Fluffy, moist, and when eaten warm, the blueberries just burst in your mouth!
Simple Cornbread Muffins
These simple blueberry corn muffins come together in no time for a delicious morning treat. Tender from sour cream and bursting with blueberries, this recipe can’t be beat!
Why This Recipe Works
- Using fine cornmeal allows wet ingredients to be easily absorbed.
- Using butter as well as oil gives these muffins both moisture and buttery goodness.
- The addition of sour cream gives these muffins a moist, tender crumb.
I ate mine warm with some butter and they were fantastic! The blueberries just exploded in my mouth, giving a burst of flavor and the muffins were, light and fluffy!
How to Make Blueberry Cornbread Muffins
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add beaten eggs, sour cream, melted butter, and oil.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in the blueberries
- Bake until golden.
- Serve & enjoy!
As I write this, I am fighting the urge to go and bake another batch!
Being the feeder I am, I gave some to the couple next door and every time they see me, they rave about those muffins. The wife told me they were, ‘Simply divine’ and I have to agree.
Other Great Muffins
Did you make this?
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Blueberry Cornbread Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fine cornmeal
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 425 f/ 220c
- Prepare a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and form a well into the middle of the mixture.
- Mix egg, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Pour into the well of dry ingredients; mix well.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter into the lined muffin pan, filling them 3⁄4 of the way. This makes a large muffin. (12 – 15 muffins).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.