Chocolate and muffins are two of our favorite things, so what’s not to love about this indulgent Double Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe?
These simple to prepare chocolate, chocolate chip muffins are a light, fluffy and truly decadent treat!
I created this recipe for the beautiful Ryan who cuts my hair. He wanted to make some double chocolate chip muffins so he went to my site for a recipe and, because I hadn’t posted one, he had to go somewhere else.
That is a crying shame, but when he told me they weren’t exactly what he was looking for, I knew I had to try coming up with a recipe for him.
Let me tell ya, these muffins are wonderful!! They are just the right texture for a muffin and are absolutely chock-full of chocolate chips.
The best part of this recipe is how easy it is to throw together. No need to break out the mixer – all you need is a bowl and wooden spoon! I
’ve tweaked and tweaked this recipe for the better part of the last few months and finally have decided they are just right! So I hope you like them, Ryan 🙂
- 1¼ cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated or super fine sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F/200C
- Prepare a 12 section muffin pan with muffin cases.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, blend the remaining ingredients.
- While mixing, add flour mixture to the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon equally into 12 muffin cases.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.