You can’t beat a classic dessert like these delicious Apple Crumb Cakes with tender apples and a crunchy cinnamon crumb topping!
Nothing says autumn like apples and cinnamon; so for my first post of the Fall, I give you these magical little cakes that are guaranteed to put a smile on anyone’s face!
These cakes are the most amazing, moist cake topped with a crunchy topping that will keep your family and guests coming back for more!
I absolutely, love crumb cake. I have to say that my favorite recipe so far is my New Jersey Crumb Cake recipe. Every time I pin the recipe, my mouth waters! Being a food blogger, after perfecting a recipe, I don’t get too many chances to make the same recipe very often, but I had to have some crumb cake so I found a way to get some!
To incorporate the apples, I simply chopped them up and threw them in the batter. No big changes, no messing around – just chopped apples in a cake that’s already pretty perfect!
Start with making the topping by mixing white and brown sugar with cinnamon, and a little salt in medium mixing bowl. Add the warm melted butter and stir to blend. Add flour and mix with a fork until moist clumps form. Set aside.
Next prepare the cake batter and separate it evenly over the twelve spaces in the pan. Then, top with the crumb topping and bake for 20-30 minutes.
Let cool on a wire rack completely before drizzling with the amazing cream cheese icing!
Then serve and enjoy! ★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Apple Crumb Cakes
You can't beat a classic dessert like these delicious Apple Crumb Cakes with tender apples and a crunchy cinnamon crumb topping!
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (this keeps the topping from sinking too much into the cake)
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 4-6 small apples
FOR THE ICING:
- 6 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons warm milk
- Mix both sugars, cinnamon, and salt in medium mixing bowl. Add the warm melted butter and stir to blend.
- Add flour and mix with a fork until moist clumps form. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven 350F/170c.
- Grease 12 section mini loaf or brownie baking pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the softened butter in large bowl until light.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla, beat just until blended.
- Add flour mixture in 3 additions, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Peel, core, and chop the apples and fold them into the batter.
- Transfer cake batter evenly to prepared baking pan.
- Hand squeeze small handfuls of topping together to form small clumps. Drop topping clumps evenly over each cake, covering with a layer of topping.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until tester comes out clean and topping is deep golden brown and a little crisp.
- Cool cake in dish on rack at least 30 minutes.
FOR THE ICING:
- Mix the cream cheese butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add warm milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches desired consistency.
- Drizzle each cake with icing and enjoy!
- Makes 12 - 15 cakes