There’s no need to make pastry for this recipe for Quick and Easy Cheesy Snack Bites just buy a pack of ready-made crust. The leftovers are great for packed lunches and picnics too!
These simple cheesy snacks are perfect for fussy kids at parties and family days out.
I recently had a get together with some friends and their kids. It was a good-sized group so I wanted to make food I could make ahead so I could enjoy time with my friends.
For the adults, I made my Red Onion & Feta Tarts. They are fantastic party food, but I knew the kids wouldn’t touch them.
I don’t know a kid that would touch feta cheese. so I decided to do a simple cheese snack with the same dough.
They were a big hit with the kids (and some of the adults that stole them from the kid’s food). The best part is that they were super easy to make!
All it took was a tart or muffin pan, round cookie cutter (a little smaller in size than the section in the pan) and some grated cheese. I used Parmesan and cheddar.
I used my own pie crust which you can get from the Red Onion & Feta Tarts, but to keep it really simple for you, I’ve written the recipe to use a store-bought crust. You can do whatever you prefer.
I left the dough in the bottom without spreading it into a tart because I wanted the cheese to form a crispy crust around the top. It worked like a charm!
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Quick and Easy Cheesy Snack Bites
- 1 package of ready-made pie crust pre-rolled
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- preheat the oven to 350F/175C
- Unroll the pastry and using a round cookie cutter bit smaller than the sections in your 12 hole tartlet pan or muffin pan, cut 12 rounds out of the dough and place them in the sections of the pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan cheese followed by the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is crisp and the filling is just golden brown.
- Cool or 10 minutes before serving.