This time of year, there is nothing better than coming home to a bowlful of hot, comforting soup and this simple recipe can dish it up in no time flat!
I just love soup! I probably have more soup recipes than anything else. It’s always been one of my favorite things. Here in the UK, they don’t really serve too much soup in restaurants.
It makes me so homesick for American restaurants that have it on every menu! And when I do come across a place that serves soup, I order it hoping it’s everything I’m craving, but it almost never is.
Everyone I make this Carrot and Coriander Soup recipe for just loves it! It’s super healthy and low fat too!
It’s just perfect for an easy supper on those busy weeknights that call for nothing but simplicity. In fact, the only tedious part is peeling and cutting up the carrots, onion and one potato!
You just saute the onion in a pot, add the carrots, potato, and stock. Cook it until soft and blitz it in a food processor – it’s that simple!
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
Other Soup Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- a good handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot, add the onion, then fry for 5 mins until softened. Stir in the ground coriander and potato. Cook for 1 minute. Add the carrots and stock, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
- Pour into a food processor and blitz until smooth (you may need to do this in a couple of batches). Return to the pot, add the cilantro, taste, season with salt and pepper if necessary, then reheat to serve.