Go beyond your average cream sauce with this luxurious recipe for Quick & Easy Tagliarini with Saffron Cream Sauce. This simple meal is ready in just 15 minutes!
This is a great week night supper as it’s so quick and easy. Depending on how long your pasta is to make, it’s ready in less than 15 minutes! My dinner was on the table in just 10 minutes! It really is a simple, delicious meal!
If you’re a regular visitor to Erren’s Kitchen then you know I’m a big lover of saffron. I know it’s expensive, but I’m a foodie and it’s a guilty pleasure for me to splash out on good quality ingredients.
Quick & Easy Tagliarini with Saffron Cream Sauce
Go beyond your average cream sauce with this luxurious recipe. This simple meal is ready in just 15 minutes!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 Pinch saffron threads
- 1 pint heavy cream
- ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest un-waxed lemon
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- fresh parsley chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saffron and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and increase the heat to medium high.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions.
Remove ½ cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and transfer to the skillet with the sauce.
- Add the reserved cooking water and stir in the Parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with more cheese & parsley