Go beyond your average cream sauce with this luxurious Quick & Easy Tagliarini with Saffron Cream Sauce recipe. Ready in just 15 minutes too!
Serve with a side of my Perfect Garlic Bread for a filling midweek meal the whole family will love.
This is a great weeknight supper as it’s so quick and easy. Depending on how long your pasta is to make, it’s ready in less than 15 minutes! My dinner was on the table in just 10 minutes! It really is a simple, delicious meal!
If you’re a regular visitor to Erren’s Kitchen then you know I’m a big lover of saffron. I know it’s expensive, but I’m a foodie and it’s a guilty pleasure for me to splash out on good quality ingredients. If you need more excuses to use saffron, why not try Shrimp and Asparagus Saffron Risotto or Easy One Pot Chicken and Saffron Rice. Bring that saffron sunshine into your life!
Why This Recipe Works
- The saffron adds a wonderful aromatic element to this simple pasta dish.
- Heavy cream helps to produce a deliciously silky sauce .
- Parmesan cheese helps to thicken the sauce and adds a nutty bite that can’t be beat.
What Cream For Saffron Pasta Sauce?
When cooking with cream, it’s always good to use a cream with a high-fat content as it thickens the sauce without the need for a lot of other thickening agents.
Heavy cream, whipping cream, double cream in the UK, and thickened cream in Australia are all great options.
How to Make Tagliarini in Saffron Pasta Sauce
- Fry the garlic and saffron in butter.
- Add the cream, bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Boil your pasta.
- Add lemon juice, some excess pasta water, parmesan cheese.
- Stir the sauce until thick and silky.
- Season and serve!
Other Italian Dishes You’ll Love
Saffron is most commonly used in seafood dishes such as bouillabaisse and paella. It can also be used in rice dishes such as risotto.
Saffron has an earthy sweet floral taste, it is a very complex spice.
The best way to use saffron is to infuse it in water or stock before adding it to your dish. This brings out the flavor and aroma perfectly.
Did you make this?
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Quick & Easy Tagliarini with Saffron Cream Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 Pinch saffron threads
- 1 pint heavy cream
- ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest un-waxed lemon
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- fresh parsley chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saffron and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and increase the heat to medium-high.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions.
- Remove ½ cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and transfer to the skillet with the sauce.
- Add the reserved cooking water and stir in the Parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with more cheese & parsley