This Hard Lemonade recipe isn’t just any lemonade – it’s the kind of lemonade you hide from the kids! It’s a delicious, party pleasing cocktail that will be a summer favorite!
Every year there are a few things on my summer recipe to-do list that are a must for me, and making homemade, fresh, summer drinks is one of them!
Why This Recipe Works:
- Leaving the vodka measurements open lets you create a drink that’s right for you according to your taste.
- The combination of citrus-flavored vodka and orange liquor along with lemon-lime soda creates a drink that’s packed full of fruity flavor.
I come from the Jersey Shore. I am used to long hot summers that start in May and don’t quit until well into September.
Things are a lot different in England. Here, we’re lucky if we get a summer with temperatures over 60 degrees. I live on the water and we live for summertime weather, so we can make the most of our view, but we don’t get to enjoy it nearly as much as we’d like.
We’ve only just started getting really warm days in the last couple of weeks. Today, the sun is shining, and Summer has truly arrived.
What better way to enjoy summer weather than Lemonade? This isn’t just any lemonade though – this is the kind of lemonade you hide from the kids!
I based the flavors on Mike’s Hard Lemonade (an American bottled drink containing alcohol). I haven’t had Mike’s in a long time, but this is how I remember it.
Please note: In this recipe, I did not give measurements on the vodka because everyone is different, and I thought I’d leave the strength up to you.
Choosing The Perfect Lemons For Lemonade
- Choose lemons that are heavy for their size and have a strong fragrance.
- Thinner skinned lemons will yield more juice than thicker-skinned.
- Lemon skin should be bright in color with no wrinkles.
- The juiciest lemons are the ones that give a little when you squeeze them. They will have more juice and less pith than firmer lemons.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar, or more to taste
- 6 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Citrus flavored vodka, chilled
- Orange liquor, about a shot
- 4-6 lemons, juiced (depending on size and taste)
- Lemon slices
- I didn't say how much vodka because everyone is different and I thought I'd leave that part up to you.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a simmer. Cook until sugar dissolves to create a simple syrup. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large pitcher/jug combine the simple syrup, vodka, orange liquor and lemon juice. Mix well. Add the soda at the end to help retain the carbonation.
- Serve over ice with lemon slices.