This quick and easy recipe for Sweet Peach Iced Tea combines two summer favorites—peaches and iced tea. It’s so refreshing and and full of fruity flavor!
I love iced tea.
They don’t sell the mix in England and although I find the occasional bottle of Lipton iced tea in the supermarkets, it’s really hard to come by.
I make lemon iced tea all the time, but I had some peaches to use up before they got too soft and decided to try making my own version of peach iced tea. I have a friend who swears by using peach nectar instead of pealing and pureeing the peaches, so to keep things simple, I decided to give it a try.
If you are in the US, this can be found in the juice isle of your grocery store. I ordered mine online in the UK, but I am told it can be found at some supermarkets.
Peach nectar is sweet so I cut down on the amount of sugar I usually use. If you are unsure, just add the nectar before you add the sugar and taste as you go (which is what I did). Granted, it doesn’t taste as nice when it’s hot, but at least you’ll achieve the best result for your taste.
You’ll notice that the recipe calls for baking soda. This neutralizes the bitterness of the tea and gives it a much smoother taste.
I added the peaches to tall glasses before serving to keep the peaches from breaking down too much while sitting in the pitcher/jug. I also kept the skin on because it kept things simple, and it also looked nice in the glass. On a hot summer day this iced tea is a real treat.
Sweet Peach Iced Tea
- 3/4 - 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tea bags black tea
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 4 -6 fresh peaches sliced
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- In a large, heat-proof pitcher/jug, combine the boiling water, baking soda & sugar mix well to dissolve the sugar. Add the tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags.
- Add the peach nectar and fill the rest of the pitcher/jug with cold water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Add sliced peaches and ice to a tall glasses and pour the tea over the ice and peaches to serve.