This speedy, simple recipe for Quick Chinese Shrimp Noodle Soup has maximum flavor with minimum effort.
I absolutely adore Chinese noodle dishes. I just love how you can get a flavorful, nourishing meal in so little time. This soup is a little bit sour, sweet and savory in equal measure and the chilli flakes add a bit of a kick, but if your not a fan of hot spices, you can always leave it out.
- 6 oz Chinese noodles of your choice
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 star anise
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 green onions/spring onions
- 1 small head of Bok Choy/Pak choi chopped or sliced
- 20 raw shrimp cleaned and deveined
- Chilli flakes
Cook the noodles according to the package instructions and then drain.
Add the chicken stock, fish sauce, soy sauces, lime juice, star anise, brown sugar, green onions and bok choy.
Bring to the boil and add the shrimp cook until the turn pink and add the noodles.
Warm through, then pour into a bowl and serve topped with chilli flakes.