This recipe for Tomato Avocado Salad features creamy avocado, peppery arugula, fresh cherry tomatoes, and baby spinach that’s all tossed in a simple lemon dressing. It’s the perfect Summer salad that’s ready in just minutes!
Tomato Avocado Salad is perfect for a delicious lunch and it is a great fresh side to add to any dinner.
It’s loaded with ripe juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado and fresh greens like Spinach and arugula. This salad comes together in a flash even with the homemade dressing!
The lemon dressing for this salad is really easy to make and it’s incredibly tasty!
Just remember that the tomatoes and avocados are the stars of this show so the better the quality, the better this salad will taste!
Why this recipe works:
- Using a very ripe avocado helps give the dressing a creamy consistency.
- The use of fresh herbs adds a lot of flavor.
- The use of extra virgin olive oil in the dressing gives a light peppery flavor that pairs well with the fresh lemon juice.
- The simplicity of just a few fresh, simple, good quality ingredients creates a beautiful salad that speaks for itself.
Here’s how to make it:
Place sliced tomatoes in a large salad bowl.
Add the cubed avocado.
Add the chopped parsley and cilantro.
Add the salad greens.
Add the fresh lemon juice.
Add the olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Toss well to allow the very ripe avocado to break down enough to add creaminess to the dressing.
Serve and enjoy.
Tips for the best possible salad:
- Avocados brown when exposed to the air, so if you’re chopping as you go, make them the last ingredient you add before serving to help keep them green, or coat with lemon juice once chopped.
- Chop Large – Large chopped ingredient pieces work best in this chunkier salad for various textures.
- To make this salad ahead of time, either make the dressing in a separate bowl or dress with the salad jut before serving. Just be sure to coat the avocados in lemon juice to avoid discoloration.
- If you are short on time, You can substitute store bought dressing as well.
- For added crunch, try adding good quality croutons.
- For a more substantial salad, add pasta or grains like couscous or quinoa.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Tomato Avocado Salad
Tomato Avocado Salad is perfect for a delicious lunch and it is a great fresh side to add to any dinner. This salad comes together in a flash even with the homemade dressing!
- ½ lb cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ lb baby plum tomatoes halved
- 2 avocados one ripe and one very ripe avocado, diced
- 5 oz bag washed baby arugula
- 5 oz bag washed baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice approx 1 medium lemon
- A good handful fresh cilantro chopped
- A good handful fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh grated black pepper
- Place sliced tomatoes, diced avocado, arugula, chopped parsley, and chopped cilantro into a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Just before serving, toss with the sea salt and black pepper.