Tomato Avocado Salad is the perfect summer salad. Simple tasty ingredients, and it’s easy to prepare.
The Perfect Tomato Avocado Salad
This salad is loaded with ripe juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, and fresh greens like Spinach and arugula.
It comes together in a flash even with the homemade dressing! This is the perfect dish to serve alongside your summer BBQ food, it adds a touch of class to any occasion.
The lemon dressing for this salad is really easy to make and it’s incredibly tasty!
Why This Recipe Works
- Using a very ripe avocado helps give the dressing a creamy consistency.
- The use of fresh herbs adds tons of flavor.
- The use of extra virgin olive oil in the dressing gives a light peppery flavor that pairs well with the fresh lemon juice.
- The simplicity of just a few fresh, simple, good quality ingredients creates a beautiful salad that speaks for itself.
How to Make Tomato Avocado Salad
Place sliced tomatoes in a large salad bowl.
Add the cubed avocado.
Just remember that the tomatoes and avocados are the stars of this show so the better the quality, the better this salad will taste!
Add the chopped parsley and cilantro.
Add the salad greens.
Add the fresh lemon juice.
Add the olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Toss well to allow the very ripe avocado to break down enough to add creaminess to the dressing.
Serve and enjoy!
For Best Results
- Avocados brown when exposed to the air, so make them the last ingredient you add before serving to help keep them green or coat with lemon juice once chopped.
- Adding baby cucumbers gives this salad a lovely crunch.
- Chop Big – Large chopped ingredient pieces work best in this chunkier salad for various textures.
- If you are short on time, You can substitute store-bought dressing as well.
- For added crunch, try adding good quality croutons.
- For a more substantial salad, add pasta or grains like couscous or
Can Tomato Avocado Salad Be Prepared In Advance?
To make Tomato Avocado Salad ahead of time, either make the dressing in a separate bowl or dress with the salad just before serving. Just be sure to coat the avocados in lemon juice to avoid discoloration.
How long will tomato avocado salad keep in the refrigerator?
Tomato Avocado Salad kept in an airtight container it can be kept for around two to three days in the refrigerator.
Is An avocado that has turned brown safe to eat?
Yes, brown How long will Avocado last in a salad? is safe to eat. This is a similar chemical reaction as when an apple goes brown. It may taste slightly bitter but is perfectly safe to eat. If dressed properly, the avocado in your salad should keep its color.
How long will Avocado last in a salad?
Avocado will last in a salad salad refriderated up to three days, but please note dressed salad will wilt after a few hours.
Did you make this?
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Tomato Avocado Salad
- ½ lb cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ lb baby plum tomatoes halved
- 2 avocados one ripe and one very ripe avocado, diced
- 5 oz bag washed baby arugula
- 5 oz bag washed baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice approx 1 medium lemon
- A good handful fresh cilantro chopped
- A good handful fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Fresh grated black pepper
- Place sliced tomatoes, diced avocado, arugula, chopped parsley, and chopped cilantro into a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Just before serving, toss with the sea salt and black pepper.
Erren’s Kitchen is written and produced for informational intentions only. We are not certified nutritionists, and the nutritional information found on this site has not been assessed or authorized by a nutritionist or the FDA. The nutritional information found in our recipes is offered as an estimate and should not be considered a guarantee or fact. The estimated data is provided as a courtesy and calculated through a third-party online nutritional calculator, spoonacular API. Although we do our best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered rough estimates. Many factors, such as brands or products purchased and the nutritional fluctuations that naturally occur in fresh produce, can alter the effectiveness of the nutritional information in any recipe. Furthermore, various online calculators provide different results depending on their particular algorithms and nutrition fact sources. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in May 2018, but was republished with updated information in June of 2019.