This vegetarian recipe for Moroccan Spiced Vegetable Couscous is delicious on its own or makes a lovely accompaniment to a tagine and any other Moroccan style dish.
Introducing my favorite couscous dish! I’ve posted quite a few couscous recipes over the years and I genuinely love them all, but this recipe is officially my favorite.
This Moroccan Spiced Vegetable Couscous dish is fresh and delicious.
It’s made simply with fresh yellow bell pepper, carrots, red onion, chickpeas, peas and herbs and spices.
This dish sort of reminds me of taboulleh, an herbed Lebanese salad with bulgur.
This vibrant Moroccan dish is packed full of vegetables and nutrients and best of all its super simple to prepare.
If you aren’t familiar with Piquante peppers, they are these amazing little, crispy peppers that have a fantastic sweet heat.
This dish packs up great for lunches, picnics, day trips and so much more.
Bring this delicious dish along to your next potluck—it’s vegan, dairy free, and nut free too so if you have allergies to worry about, this is a good choice many can enjoy.
I love how quick and easy it is to make!
I can eat a big heaping bowl of this as a meal, but it’s fantastic on the side of a Moroccan Tagine.
This recipe is a family favorite and I hope it becomes your go-to couscous recipe, too!
Not only that, but it’s also great cold too!
My husband took the leftovers to work and had it for lunch and loved it. So, if you’re looking for something to bring to the office – treat yourself with this tasty recipe!
- This recipe calls for instant couscous. Instant couscous is cooked by covering it with water and leaving it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Read the package instructions for your couscous. If the directions and measurements, do not match my instructions, just adjust the liquid measurement according to the amount of couscous in the recipe, add the spices and follow then follow the package instructions. Once cooked, add the vegetables and mix to combine.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Moroccan Spiced Vegetable Couscous
Throw together a deliciously spiced and super healthy dish in no time flat. This recipe is great as a side dish or vegetarian meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 carrot chopped into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14oz can chickpeas drained
- 1½ cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- A good handful fresh parsley chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 6 Peppadew Piquante peppers chopped, mild or hot
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup instant couscous
- In a medium-size skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add red onion, yellow pepper, and carrot sauté 10 minutes or until all the vegetables are your desired tenderness
- Add the garlic, sauté another minute.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a medium-size saucepan, bring the stock to a boil. Add the peas and cook 1 minute. Mix in the remaining ingredients, stir, cover and remove from heat.
Let stand 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
Add the vegetable mixture and fluff with a fork.
This recipe calls for instant couscous. Instant couscous is cooked by covering it with water and leaving it to sit for 5 minutes. Read the package instructions for your couscous. If the directions and measurements, do not match my instructions, just adjust the liquid measurement accordingly (to the amount of couscous in the recipe), add the spices and follow then follow the package instructions.
*This is a sponsored content written by me on behalf of Peppadew®. The opinions and text are all mine.*