This recipe for No Bake Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake makes a decadent, tempting chocolate cheesecake that’s loaded with Oreo goodness!
Tomorrow I will be celebrating my one year blogiversary of this little blog! I can’t believe it’s been one year since it’s official launch last March! What a wonderful ride it’s been! I’ll be celebrating by launching my brand new site design so please come back to have a look!
All that said, what’s a celebration without a cake? So, I give you my No Bake Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake! I made this cake last week while suffering with tonsillitis. There wasn’t a lot I could eat, but cool creamy cheesecake was just what the doctor ordered!
My son was also home sick with shingles (yes, that’s right my six year old had shingles!) so I needed to make it in a way that would cheer him up and what cheers a six year old up like a chocolate and Oreos? He absolutely loved it and told me it was the best cake I’ve made so far (although he says that about any cake that has either chocolate or cinnamon)!
I started by making the base out of crushed Oreos (cream and all) and melted butter and then pressed it into a 9 inch springform pan.
After that, I blended the filling together and folded in more Oreos!
I filled the pan with the filling and topped it with, you guessed it – More Oreos!
After that, I put it in the freezer to set and counted the minutes for the next four hours! It was worth the wait because let me tell you that this cake is fantastic!
Tip: To take the cake out of the pan after it’s been in the freezer, use a hairdryer on it’s hot setting and run it all long the pan until the frost is gone.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
No Bake Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
This recipe for No Bake Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake makes a decadent, tempting chocolate cheesecake that's loaded with Oreo goodness!
- For the base:
- 1 1/2 cups Oreos) crushed, about 15
- 1/4 cup butter
- For the filling:
- 6 oz dark chocolate chopped small
- 3 8oz packages cream cheese
- 3/4 cuo superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder dissolved in 1hot water
- 1 tablespoon skimmed milk powder optional
- 1/2 cup freshly whipped cream
- 10 Oreo cookies broken
- For the topping:
- 10-15 Oreo cookies broken
- To make the base, crush the Oreos to make rough crumbs (I put them in a zip lock bag & crushed them with a rolling pin) and then add the butter.
- Mix until it makes damp, clumping crumbs and then add them into 9 inch spring form pan. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan to make an even base and put into the freezer while you make the filling.
- Melt the chocolate either in a microwave or double boiler, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the cream cheese to soften it, and then add the sugar cocoa powder and skimmed milk powder, beating again to combine until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate, and mix to a smooth batter.
- Fold in the whipped cream followed by the broken Oreos.
- Take the spring form pan out of the freezer and pour in the cheesecake filling.
- Top the cake with the broken Oreos. Top the pan with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours (or refrigerate overnight) to set.