This recipe for Spiced Ginger Crinkle Cookies are ideal for holiday baking. These gingerbread flavored crinkle cookies are full of flavor, chewy, and coated in sugar to reveal their crinkle cookie cracks.
Let the Christmas baking begin and these cookies are at the top of my list for festive treats!
These Ginger Crinkle Cookies are oh so amazing! They are loaded with spicy goodness which is complimented by the molasses giving them great depth of flavor! Then sugary coating adds just the right amount of sweetness which balances it all out perfectly!
A couple of week ago, I tried to make chocolate crinkle cookies, but the recipe I developed was too buttery, so when I baked them the sugar melted into a sort of icing. I fixed the problem by using sprinkles instead, but I was determined to come up with a classic crinkle cookie that worked.
These Spiced Ginger Crinkle Cookies were totally worth the wait!
They are delightfully soft and chewy with those nicely crisp edges, but if you’d like more of a crisp throughout ginger cookie just bake them a few minutes longer than what is in the recipe.
Whether you are baking for a Christmas party or you’re you are looking for that perfect, festive treat to make for your friends and neighbors, I highly highly recommend trying these wonderful cookies!
These are so good and they are definitely a cookie people of all ages will love. The dough is really easy to work with and doesn’t to chill chill over night. And the scent in the kitchen when baking them is like gingerbread heaven!
This recipe is ideal for holiday baking. These gingerbread flavored crinkle cookies are full of flavor, chewy, and coated in sugar to reveal their crinkle cookie cracks.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- In a food processor, mix together the flour, brown sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt until combined.
- Add the butter. Blitz until it resembles breadcrumbs, Add the molasses, vanilla and milk. Blitz again until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each half into two round disks. Cover them in plastic wrap and chill 2 hours minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line the 2 baking sheets with nonstick foil or baking paper.
- Take the chilled dough and roll the dough into 2 inch round balls. Work as fast as you can so not to allow the dough to get too warm.
Roll each dough ball in confectionsers sugar until evenly coated. Place the coated balls 1-inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the cookies until set - 10 to 12 minutes (being careful not to over bake).
Cool the cookies on the sheets 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.