This simple and versatile recipe for Red Tomato Pesto makes a mild yet intense pesto that’s sure to become a new family favorite! The variations are endless!
I prefer the rich taste of a red pesto over the strong, peppery taste of green pesto. The sun dried tomatoes add a big impact without being over powering.
There are so many uses for this pesto. It can be used as a simple pasta sauce like with my Angel Hair with Red Pesto Sauce Recipe.
Or you can put it on a sandwich like with my mozzarella and red pesto grilled cheese recipe…
The variations are endless. One thing is for sure though – this quick and easy pesto is really delicious and sure to be a hit with your family!
Red Tomato Pesto
This simple and versatile recipe for Red Tomato Pesto makes a mild yet intense pesto that's sure to become a new family favorite!
- 1 8-ounces package of sun dried tomatoes olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves well packed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves well packed
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Blend the sun-dried tomatoes along with their oil, garlic, basil and parsley in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are minced to a thick paste.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Salt and pepper to taste before using.