This recipe for Quick & Easy Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup proves that Asian food doesn’t have be complicated – this simple soup is ready in just ten minutes. This recipe is a great way to use leftover chicken.
As you may have noticed from past recipes, I am a big fan of Chinese noodle soup. I think they are so delicious and satisfying when you want something quick and easy, but you don’t want to skimp on quality.
Tomorrow is that start the start of the Chinese New Year so I’ve teamed up with Kikkoman to bring you this recipe. I am proud to do so because Kikkoman is honestly the only soy sauce I use. I love it’s full bodied flavor and authentic taste.
There is nothing worse than the cheap, unnatural, and flat flavor of other brands. I’ve tried many, but in my opinion Kikkoman is by far the best out there. I also love the fact that they have low sodium options.
My husband and I both have a parent with high blood pressure so they have to watch their sodium intake. When I cook for them, I use the Kikkoman low sodium soy sauce to add flavor.
I’ve added it to anything from stew to salad dressing and it never tastes low sodium or lacking in flavor. All that said, I want to assure you that it’s with 100% honesty when I say I was really excited when they asked me to do this recipe for the Chinese New Year.
Now, back to the soup – I grew up eating instant noodle soups. I’ll be honest, I loved them. When you’re a kid, there isn’t much better than a bowl of of noodle soup for lunch. I still think they look so good, but they are so unnatural and full of sodium.
I actually still love a big bowl of noodle soup that’s packed with noodles and Asian flavors, but these days my taste is a little more sophisticated.
I’ve created this recipe because I have tons of cookbooks filled with pages of fantastic looking Chinese noodle soups that quite often come with pretty complicated instructions. This soup is not only quick and easy, but it’s delicious too!
The best part is that its made from fresh, simple ingredients and there’s no packet of powder to be found. If you try this soup, you’ll never make the instant kind again!
- 4 cups good quality chicken Stock
- 2 whole garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger peeled
- 3 Green onions finely sliced into rounds
- 1 - 2 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce to taste
- 4 oz Dried Chinese noodles of your choice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, heat the chicken stock, garlic and ginger and bring to a boil.
- Add the green onions, soy sauce & the noodles.
- Reduce the heat and cook according to noodle package instructions (just until tender).
- remove and discard the garlic and ginger.
- Add shredded chicken and warm through.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.