This recipe for Glazed Apple Bundt Cake makes a decadent cake that’s soft, moist and coated with a crunchy apple glaze. It’s the perfect coffee cake, dessert or breakfast treat.
This easy apple cake can be made without a mixer. Because it uses melted butter as opposed to softened, you can literally throw all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix it up with a wooden spoon!
My Classic Apple Turnovers are made on a regular basis, but after getting my new Nordic Ware Autumn Wreath Bundt Pan I knew I had to make something with apples! If you’re in the US, you can get one here on Amazon. If you’re in the UK, click here (As an Amazon Associate, a small commission is made from qualifying purchases).
One great thing about baking with fruit like my Glazed Apple Bundt Cake is there is so much moisture from the grated apples, there is no milk used in the recipe. It can also be easily made into a dairy-free apple cake by substituting the melted butter with the oil of your choice.
This moist, fluffy cake with apples galore and a crunchy coating is near perfection. You can serve it for special occasions, to treat your loved ones, or make it purely for those moments when you just need a good slice of cake, this glazed apple beauty is guaranteed to hit the spot.
I make the glaze using apple juice giving the cake another kick of apple flavor. The trick to the glaze is to coat the cake while it’s still warm.
The juice seeps into the cake, adding flavor and moisture and leaving a crunchy sugar coating. I’m telling you this cake is like the best and biggest apple doughnut you’ll ever have. Enjoy!
- When making Bundt cakes, be sure to grease the pan generously to make it easier to remove the cake from the pan.
- After shredding the apples, coat them with a bit of lemon juice to keep them from turning brown before using.
- Be sure to glaze the cake while it’s still warm to allow the apple juice to seep into the cake and the leaving the sugar to form a sweet crunchy coating.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! ★
Note: This recipe was originally posted in October of 2016. It was republished to include prep photos and nutritional information.
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Glazed Apple Cake
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup butter melted
- 4 large eggs
- 5 medium apples grated (keep from turning brown with a little lemon juice squeezed on the slices).
For the glaze:
- 5 tablespoons apple juice or apple cider
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Grease a 12 cup bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave, and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, baking soda, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add the cooled butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the apples and spoon the batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, while the cake is cooling in the pan, mix together the apple and 1 cup of sugar to make the glaze.
- After the cake cools in the pan for 10 minutes, invert onto a cooling rack (the cake should still be warm.
- Place some baking paper under the cooling rack to catch any glaze that drips off the cake.
- Glaze the outside of the entire cake (you can use the glaze that drips off onto the paper beneath by scarping it onto a spoon). Leave to cool another 20 minutes to allow the glaze to set into a crispy coating.