This simple, rustic one pot recipe for Garlic Roasted Green Beans makes a side dish with a heavy hit of delicious garlic. It’s great for entertaining or simple weeknight dinners.
I’m always looking for quick and easy side dishes and this dish is not only that, but it really is the best green been dish I have ever had.
I really could eat this all on it’s own and to be honest, when I took these photos, that’s exactly what I did. Not only that, but I ate them cold and they were still amazing!
I’ve made them three times in two weeks and I’m making them again on Thanksgiving as well.
I got the idea to make this from making the broccoli dish from my ‘Seriously, The Best Broccoli of Your Life‘ post (which is a fantastic recipe for roasted broccoli that will change your life).
I serve this dish topped with plenty of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, but it’s also really good on it’s own.
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans cleaned & trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced (or chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Preheat the oven to 425F/220C
- Wash the green beans and leave to dry completely.
- Trim the ends and add to a large oven safe dish.
- Add the garlic.
- Toss with the extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and spread out evenly in the dish.
- Roast, until lightly caramelized, crisp and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/oven-roasted-green-beans-recipe.html?oc=linkback