This recipe for Crispy Garlic Potato Roast is a really simple and different way to roast potatoes. The potatoes in this recipe take on the flavors beautifully – The perfect side dish
When roasted, garlic has a nutty sweetness to it that really makes this dish. The roasted garlic combined with a generous amount of fresh parsley and extra virgin olive oil really perfects this dish.
I know it looks like an awful lot of work, but it really can be put together in twenty minutes. It looks and impressive and it’s always a real crowd-pleaser!
This foolproof recipe will ensure even first timers get crispy tops and fluffy insides. With this dish you can make sure your potatoes are perfect for Sunday dinner or even a holiday side dish.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Crispy Garlic Potato Roast
This delicious, rustic potato bake is the perfect accompaniment to a hearty meal. Easy enough for a weeknight meal and special enough for a holiday side.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 pounds russet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced lengthwise
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- A handful of fresh parsley chopped.
- Preheat oven to 375 f/190c.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and oil.
- Brush bottom of a round Large baking dish with some of the butter/oil mixture.
- Arrange potato slices around the dish slightly overlapping slightly.
- Wedge the garlic throughout.
- season well with salt and pepper
- Brush with remaining butter/oil mixture.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours. Sprinkle the parsley evenly over the dish bake bake until potatoes are cooked through with a crisp top, about 15 minutes more.