This easy recipe for Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta is a rich and delicious one-pot dish that’s simple to make and ready in just 30 minutes.
There are a lot of pasta dishes out there, but there’s nothing better than a really good, classic pasta dish. So I give you this Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta recipe. This is a foolproof dish the whole family will love.
Why This Recipe Works
- Chicken, bacon and spinach comes together to create a pasta dish the whole family will love.
- This recipe is quick and easy, a no brainer for a convenient weeknight meal.
- The combination of a creamy garlic sauce and the smokiness of bacon is hard to beat!
There’s nothing complicated about this Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta recipe, but it’s everything you could want when we need a comforting, tasty dinner at the end of a busy day.
So serve up this Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta recipe for a last minute dinner guests and impress your friends with this quick dish.
How To Make Creamy Chicken & Bacon Pasta
- Brown the chicken and bacon in a pan.
- Add the onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- Pour in the wine and cook until nearly evaporated.
- Add the spinach, the cream, pasta, and parsley.
- Season to taste.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Which Wine For Cooking
A good rule of thumb is to choose a wine you’d like to drink. If you don’t like it by the glass, you probably won’t like it in your food.
White wine is best for this creamy chicken dish, I use a pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc. Of course if you can’t use alcohol in your cooking for any reason simply replace with the same amount in chicken or vegetable stock and add a little acid such as a squeeze of lemon juice.
Erren’s Top Tips
- When cooking the bacon and chicken, if the oil gets too brown just discard it and wipe the pan before starting the next step.
- Don’t crowd the pan when cooking the meat or mushrooms. This will add steam and won’t allow it to brown properly. Make sure your pan is large enough.
- Adding different vegetables can give you a new dish every time you make it! The day I took the photos for this post I used onions, mushrooms, and spinach, but I’ve made this recipe using anything from asparagus, peas, shallots, red onions and broccoli. It’s really versatile and absolutely scrumptious!
- Omitting alcohol from the recipe – White Wine (or vermouth) adds a wonderful complexity this sauce, but if for some reason you don’t cook with alcohol, to deepen the flavor, try breaking up a stock or bouillon cube and a tablespoon of lemon juice at the end for an extra kick if flavor.
Other Great Recipes
Did you make this?
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ounces chopped bacon
- 1 onion medium sized, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 oz Crimini mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- 5 Tablespoons half and half
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 8 ounces cooked pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- a good handful of fresh parsley chopped
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a deep, nonstick frying pan. Add the chicken breasts and bacon. Cook over a high heat for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the bacon is crisp.
- Heat the second tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onions and mushrooms, cook until the onions are translucent and mushrooms are cooked (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Pour in the wine and let it bubble over a high heat until it has virtually evaporated.
- Add the spinach, the cream, pasta, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, stir well. Cover the pan and cook for 4 minutes more until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Serve hot.