This easy, delicious creamy mushroom spaghetti recipe is made of sautéed mushrooms and pasta in a garlic cream sauce that’s a perfect weeknight dinner!
Looking for a delicious, filling dish the whole family can agree on? This creamy mushroom spaghetti has definitely got you covered! This dish uses simple ingredients – mushrooms, garlic, shallots, cream, parsley, grated cheese and a bit of salt & pepper.
With this recipe, you get a creamy sauce with plenty of fresh mushrooms and garlic tossed with spaghetti and topped with grated cheese. It really doesn’t get much better!
Why this recipe works:
- It takes no time at all to throw together and goes from stove to plate in only twenty minutes.
- The creamy sauce and meaty mushrooms make this a hearty meal.
- This very economical dish is full of flavor without breaking your budget.
Other Pasta Dishes You’ll Love
To me, there are very few things better than a big bowl of pasta, and this creamy, comforting spaghetti dish is no exception. I loved it so much that I would gladly welcome it into my weekly rotation! It was so good that my husband wouldn’t stop raving about it.
Here’s how to make it:
To start, sauté the mushrooms & shallots in butter and cook until transparent. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
Stir in the cream, lower the heat and simmer gently until thickened (1-2 minutes).
Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Add the spaghetti and toss with the sauce to coat.
Top with freshly grated cheese and enjoy every last bite!
- To add an even deeper mushroom flavor, you can add some dried porcini mushrooms (that have been soaked of course) and add a bit of the liquid you use for soaking them. Since I wanted a quick and simple dish, I went for using only fresh mushrooms.
- Add cooked chicken or shrimp for a simple variation.
- Looking for something spicy? Sprinkle Cajun seasoning in the sauce for a creamy southwest spaghetti.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti
This luxuriously creamy mushroom spaghetti recipe is quick, easy, and perfect for those weeknight meals.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- ⅛ cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 shallots chopped
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- ½ cup whipping cream
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- A good handful of fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until quite al dente (it will finish cooking in the sauce).
While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large frying pan on medium heat.
Add the mushrooms & shallots and cook until transparent (about 3-4 minutes).
Add the garlic and cook another minute. Stir in the cream and parsley, lower the heat and simmer gently until thickened (1-2 minutes).
Drain the pasta and reserve some of the pasta water.
Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to coat, adding the reserved water as needed.
Serve immediately with grated cheese.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in May of 2015, but was republished with tips in July of 2018.