Don’t we all love a good pasta recipe? This one isn’t just good though – this time I’ve outdone myself!
Not only that, but it was super quick and easy to prepare, you can have this on the table in just 20 minutes.
It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner yet it’s impressive enough to serve to guests.
That’s one of my favorite types of dinners – a meal that can fit into both the ‘easy weeknight’ category as well as a fancy meal fit for guests.
I’m telling you, this dish is so good that you’ll likely want to make it on a weekly basis!
I love how perfectly all the flavors in this dish meld together. You get plenty of freshness, the perfect amount of creamy and just the right amount white wine and mushroom flavor.
Then add the mushrooms and cook until soft.
Add white wine and cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Add the pasta and toss with the sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy every last bite!
This is a pasta dish the whole family can agree on and it’s one that will have you coming back for more! Enjoy!
- To clean the mushrooms, use a damp paper towel or a or dish towel, one at a time, to remove any dirt. Cleaning mushrooms with water will make them waterlogged. Mushrooms absorb water like little sponges and they won’t brown well when cooked if they are full of water. If you feel you must use water, you can lightly rinse the mushrooms with cool water and pat dry with paper towels, but do not soak them.
- When cooking mushrooms, don’t over crowd the pan. Cook mushrooms in a pan with a good amount of surface area. You want to be able to spread the mushrooms in a single layer to allow contact with the hot pan and let moisture to evaporate quickly so they brown nicely.
Love pasta? Why not try some other pasta dishes here on Erren’s Kitchen:
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Creamy Tagliatelle and Mushrooms
A quick and creamy tagliatelle dish that showcases delicious cremini mushrooms contrasted with cream and garlic in a white wine sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter chopped
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or half and half
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 8oz dried Tagliatelle
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for serving
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until quite al dente (it will finish cooking in the sauce).
Meanwhile, melt the butter with the oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat and saute the onion until soft. Add the garlic and saute another minute.
Add the mushrooms and cook until soft. Season well with salt and pepper.
Add the wine and cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the parsley and check the seasoning again.
Toss the pasta through the sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve