This recipe for Cranberry & Brie Tartlets with Bacon & Red Onion brings savory and sweet together in the most delectable way! You can’t go wrong with this appetizer!
There’s an amazing sandwich shop where I lice that does hot and cold sandwiches. Two of my favorites are Bacon Cranberry & Brie and Bacon Brie and Red Onions. It’s those two sandwiches that gave me the inspiration for this appetizer.
I’ve seen similar tartlets made with just cranberry and brie, but to change it up a bit, I combined my some of my very favorite flavors to make one outstanding recipe!
To cut the dough, I used a Round Double sided cookie cutters. I like the double sided ones because it’s like two sets in one & the single sided ones cost about the same.
I made two batches of these this week. One batch used thick cut bacon, which you’ll see in the step by step photos, but I wasn’t able to take photos of them because they were all eaten before I could take the photos. So today, I made another batch with thin sliced bacon. Thick or thin bacon made no difference – they were equally delicious!
- 1 package frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1/2 lb Brie cheese
- 1 cup Cranberry Jam or good quality cranberry sauce from a jar
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 red onions sliced, sauteed and seasoned
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a cookie cutter a little larger than your tartlet pan sections, cut 12 rounds out of the pastry.
- Press each round into a tartlet section set aside.
- If you haven't done so already, brown the bacon & sauté the onions in separate pans.
- Place 2 teaspoons of cranberry jelly into each section, followed by a teaspoon of the sautéed onions.
- Remove the crust from the top of the cheese. Use a teaspoon to scoop the cheese out, place two teaspoons of cheese into each section.
- Top with the bacon.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes or until puff pastry is browned
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.