This simple recipe for Feta & Sweet Pepper Pastry Swirls is perfect for the holidays, dinner parties, or just as an everyday snack.
With only a few ingredients and a little effort this party snack is ready in around 30 minutes!
‘Tis the season for perfect party food and these little beauts are just the thing! They are crispy, creamy, tangy and absolutely delectable!
I absolutely love anything made with puff pastry (I mean who doesn’t?)! So when the people at Peppadew® asked me to create party food to coincide with their price promotions across all the supermarkets during December, I just knew I had to use puff pastry! I also love Piquante peppers, check out my Simple Spaghetti with Crab and Piquante Peppers and see how versatile they are!
Why This Recipe Works
- With only a few easily sourced ingredients this recipe gives you the perfect, speedy party snack.
- The combination of sweet peppers and two kinds of cheese gives a depth of flavor that can’t be beat!
How To Make Feta & Sweet Pepper Pastry Swirls
- Mix together the feta cheese, cream cheese, and peppers.
- Spread the mixture onto ready made puff pastry.
- Roll the pastry and filling.
- Cut into rounds. Brush with egg.
- Bake for around 20 t0 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Peppers: I like to use Piquante peppers for this recipe, however any pickled sweet pepper will work just fine. You can even roast some red peppers and chop them up for this recipe.
- Feta Cheese: Feta cheese is perfect for this party snack as it’s mild and mixes well with the cream cheese to create a delicious filling.
- Cream Cheese: Full fat cream cheese gives the best results, however you can use low fat versions, just be aware the texture will be different.
- Pastry: Frozen ready made puff pastry is the best thing for this recipe. There is no need to make your own, making this the most simple party snack ever!
Step By Step Instructions
Start with chopping the peppers.
Add the peppers to a bowl with the cheese. Combine.
Spread the mixture onto the dough
Roll the dough and into 12 sections.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
So if you’re looking for a quick and delectable recipe to serve for the holidays, this is just the recipe for you!
Erren’s Top Tips
- I use medium and mild peppers for this recipe, however you can choose depending on how much heat you like.
- If you want to add a little more flavor you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper to your swirls.
- Sprinkle the finished pastries with finely chopped chives for added texture.
- Play with different cheeses when making this versatile party snack, cheddar cheese sprinkled on top, maybe mozzarella in the middle? Experimenting is always fun.
Make ahead and Freezing Instructions ❄
- To Make Ahead: You can make these party snacks ahead, simply follow the instructions to step 5, then you can wrap and place the dough in the fridge for up to three days before baking. You can also freeze the dough for up to 3 months and defrost overnight, slice and bake when needed.
- In the Fridge: Once cooked keep the swirls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- In the Freezer: Freeze the cooked pastry swirls for up to 3 months in a freezer safe container, defrost in the fridge overnight and warm in the oven until heated through.
Did you make this?
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Cheesy Pepper Pinwheels
- 1 package of ready rolled puff pastry
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 12 Peppadew Piquante Peppers chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line a cookie sheet with non-stick foil
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pastry into a rectangle. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, Piquante peppers, and feta.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the pastry and from the longer side, roll up the dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 10 – 12 slices.
- Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick foil and brush with the egg. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Tips + Notes
- Why not try some different cheeses? Any goats cheese or mild crumbly cheese will go perfectly with the peppers.
- Experiment with adding herbs and spices. Dried herbs such as rosemary, thyme, basil or oregano work well. If you like things spicy simply add a pinch of chili powder.
Erren’s Kitchen is written and produced for informational intentions only. We are not certified nutritionists, and the nutritional information found on this site has not been assessed or authorized by a nutritionist or the FDA. The nutritional information found in our recipes is offered as an estimate and should not be considered a guarantee or fact. The estimated data is provided as a courtesy and calculated through a third-party online nutritional calculator, spoonacular API. Although we do our best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered rough estimates. Many factors, such as brands or products purchased and the nutritional fluctuations that naturally occur in fresh produce, can alter the effectiveness of the nutritional information in any recipe. Furthermore, various online calculators provide different results depending on their particular algorithms and nutrition fact sources. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
*This is a sponsored content written by me on behalf of Peppadew®. The opinions and text are all mine.*