This recipe for Simple Spaghetti with Crab & Piquante Peppers makes a quick and delicious meal. Ready in just 20 minutes!
Sweet crab meat, the heat of the Piquante Peppers, garlic, and lemon work beautifully together making the perfect quick and easy dinner.
In the summertime, I love making quick and easy dishes that don’t keep you in front of the hot stove for too long.
This recipe is perfect for those summer evenings and it’s so good, you can serve it proudly to guests and look like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen when all it took was minutes to prepare!
Why This Recipe Works
- White wine adds a depth of flavor and indulgence that pairs perfectly with the crab.
- The sweet crab meat and warmth of the peppers give a taste profile that can’t be beat.
- Garlic and lemon add subtle flavors that bring the dish together perfectly.
How to make simple spaghetti with crab & piquante peppers
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Sautee the garlic.
- Add white wine and peppers and simmer.
- Add the crab meat. Break it up in the pan.
- Mix the spaghetti and into the crab mixture.
- Season and squeeze a little lemon over the dish.
- Serve & Enjoy!
I recently posted a recipe for Cream Cheese & Ricotta Stuffed Peppadew (Piquante) Peppers. I loved them so much, I decided to come up with some more recipes using these lovely, sweet yet spicy peppers.
If you prefer more heat to your dish the peppers also come in hot.
The peppers and crab are the perfect combination and work really well together. I used fresh crab, but keep canned crab on hand so this is the perfect dish for those nights when you think you have nothing in the house for dinner, but end up having everything you need right in the pantry!
Other Pasta Dishes You’ll Love
Did you make this?
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Simple Spaghetti with Crab & Piquante Peppers
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-6 Piquante peppers de-seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 lb crabmeat fresh or canned
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- squeeze of lemon optional
- flat-leaf parsley large handful, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the spaghetti. Give it a good stir and boil for 1 min less than the package says. Drain and reserve about a half a cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta cooks, gently heat the olive oil with the garlic in a pan large enough to hold all the cooked pasta.
- Cook the garlic very gently until it starts to sizzle, then turn up the heat and add the white wine and peppers.
- Simmer everything until the wine and olive oil come together.
- Add the crabmeat, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently break up the crabmeat.
- Add the spaghetti and butter and toss together gently and allow to cook for one more minute until the pasta is al dente. If it starts to look a bit dry, add some of the reserved pasta water & serve.
- Add a squeeze of lemon & salt and pepper to taste.