This Spiced Cranberry & Orange Cocktail is Christmas in a glass. It’s made ahead, then can be served out of the fridge as guests arrive – or serve it heated as a winter warmer.
Impress your Christmas party guests with this festive cocktail. It’s made with vodka, but if you want to leave it out, it tastes just as good.
This week is a week of cranberry recipes. Christmas time is the only time of year you can get fresh cranberries where I live so when I saw them in the supermarket, I couldn’t wait to get them home and try new recipes.
I use the fresh cranberries only as a garnish for this drink. but they really look beautiful floating at the top of this holiday cocktail.
As I mentioned in a recent post, we’re hosting Christmas this year! I’m super excited to entertain in-laws for such a special holiday.
I’ve been testing out a variety of drinks to serve and this is the one my husband and I liked best. It’s a lovely Christmassy drink that can be served cold or warm. I hope you enjoy it.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
- 2 cups Whole berry Cranberry Sauce the kind that's almost like jam - not the jello type
- 2 cups Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 cups Cranberry Juice
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vodka *Optional how much depends how strong you like it - I used 1 1/2 cups
- Simmer cranberry sauce, orange juice, cranberry juice and spices gently for 5-7 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add the vodka. Store chilled in a sealed container for 2-3 days.
- Strain through a cheese cloth or fine strainer.
- Serve chilled warm.