This luxurious Skinny Creamy Asparagus Chicken recipe makes a light, low-calorie super indulgent dish that’s ready in just 20 minutes!
This amazing dish was never meant to be a blog post! I made this for dinner and it was so good I had to share it with you! It may lack my usual quality pictures, but boy you should not miss out on this! I love chicken and asparagus and I wanted to make it a little more healthy, this is how Skinny Creamy Chicken Asparagus was born!
I love asparagus, but I don’t make it very often. Every time I do, I almost without fail always say how I should make it more often. I have another amazing asparagus recipe, so if you like this one, why not check out my Shrimp and Asparagus Saffron Risotto, indulge yourself!
Why This Recipe Works
- Replacing heavy cream with a low-fat cream means less guilt but the same great taste.
- Sauteeing the onion and garlic ensures the flavor is locked into the silky sauce.
- Using fresh parsley adds a subtle garnish to this tasty dish.
asparagus buying guide
Whether you’re buying it in season or not, here’s what to look for when you’re buying fresh asparagus.
- Choose Perfect Buds – The tips are the star of the show and have the best flavor, so be sure they’re firm, compact, and deep green.
- Look For Plump Firm Stalks that release juice when pricked with a fingernail.
- Choose Vibrant Colors – Whether it’s green, purple, or white, Make sure the color is strong and not faded.
- For Even Cooking choose stalks that are similar in size and thickness.
How to make skinny Creamy Asparagus Chicken
- Season and fry the chicken until browned.
- Sautee the onion and garlic in olive oil
- Pour over the stock and simmer.
- Add the asparagus, cream, and parsley.
- Serve on a bed of rice.
Step By Step Instructions
Brown the chicken.
Add the onion and garlic and cook for around 5 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and let it simmer another 5-7 minutes
Sprinkle in the parsley.
Add the asparagus and low-fat cream, cook for about 3 more minutes.
Thicker asparagus may need to cook longer so cooking times may vary. Test for tenderness before serving.
Serve and enjoy!
Make ahead and Freezing Instructions ❄
- Refrigerate the cooked chicken asparagus in an airtight container for up to three days. Reheat thoroughly before serving.
- Freeze the dish for up to three months. When reheating stir the sauce frequently to avoid the sauce curdling.
Did you make this?
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Skinny Creamy Asparagus Chicken
- 4-6 skinless chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- a good handful of fresh parsley chopped
- 6 ounces asparagus trimmed
- ¼ cup low fat cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt & black pepper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Gently fry the chicken until brown.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes until soft.
- Pour over the stock, and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for 5 mins, then add the asparagus, cream, and parsley and cook for 3 mins more minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve on rice or side of your choice
Erren’s Kitchen is written and produced for informational intentions only. We are not certified nutritionists, and the nutritional information found on this site has not been assessed or authorized by a nutritionist or the FDA. The nutritional information found in our recipes is offered as an estimate and should not be considered a guarantee or fact. The estimated data is provided as a courtesy and calculated through a third-party online nutritional calculator, spoonacular API. Although we do our best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered rough estimates. Many factors, such as brands or products purchased and the nutritional fluctuations that naturally occur in fresh produce, can alter the effectiveness of the nutritional information in any recipe. Furthermore, various online calculators provide different results depending on their particular algorithms and nutrition fact sources. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.