This recipe Quick and Easy Shrimp Salad makes a warm weather favorite with light and fresh flavors.
This delicious, simple recipe is creamy in texture with crunchy bits of celery and plump shrimp.
It’s a wonderful, zingy dish, perfect for a lunch out in the out in the yard or to make a picnic extra special
It’s a nice change from tuna and chicken salad, but can be served up in the same ways: on crackers, in a croissant, rolled in lettuce or tortilla bowls.
I’ve also served it on a seafood platter at a dinner party and let everyone build their own little shrimp salad bites for a lovely, social appetizer, but with the warmer weather on its way it’s perfect for a quick lunch or light supper.
I use fresh cooked, cooled shrimp for this recipe rather than frozen cooked shrimp that’s been thawed.
Frozen cooked shrimp tend to be limp, water logged and lack crunch. It’s an added step, but well worth it as shrimp cook so fast and can easily be cooled in an ice water bath.
Love salads? Check out some of my other recipes here on Erren’s Kitchen…
Quick and Easy Shrimp Salad
- 2 pounds large cooked shrimp cleaned
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped small
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard powder, lemon juice, and dill.
- Mix in shrimp and celery and seasoning with salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or you can serve immediately if need be.