This Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese Log recipe is a savory mix of garlic, cream cheese, and fresh parsley that’s utterly addictive.
A tasty spread which is a fantastic appetizer on crackers, but great in sandwiches or spread on a bagel too. Serve alongside Baked Breaded Garlic Mushrooms and The Perfect Mimosa to impress your family and friends.
I recently helped a friend arrange a wine and cheese event for her business. She wanted to have a gathering for her clients to show them how much she appreciates them. She asked me if I could help come up with a few easy recipes to serve.
We went to the grocery store to find some inspiration and in the gourmet cheese section, we found a slice of what they called cheese “roule”. I’d never heard of it, but it looked pretty and it piqued my interest. We bought it to sample along with a few other items.
We liked the idea of it, but it tasted flat and artificial. I always prefer homemade to store-bought so using the ingredients on the packet I came up with my own recipe. Here is my take on Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese Log, I hope you love it as much as I do!
Why This Recipe Works
- Fresh ingredients make this party piece a delicious alternative to bland store-bought cream cheese logs.
- A small amount of garlic gives beautiful flavor without overpowering the cheese.
- The simple method creates an impressive creamy cheese and herb log to impress family and friends.
This spread is creamy, delicious, and full of flavor. I only used one clove of garlic because raw garlic can pack a punch. If you aren’t keen on the taste of raw garlic, I’ve included garlic powder as an alternative. This recipe should be made on the same day you plan to serve it as cream cheese can sweat quite a bit and it could end up looking wet.
How to make garlic & herb cream cheese log
- Chop the fresh herbs.
- Combine the cream cheese, garlic, and cornflour.
- Season to taste.
- Line a loaf tin with plastic wrap, assemble the log.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Serve & enjoy!
Step by Step Instructions
Chop the fresh herbs
Line a loaf tin with plastic wrap.
Sprinkle the chopped herbs on the bottom of the pan.
Combine the cheese, garlic and cornflour.
Roll the log, refrigerate for an hour before serving. Enjoy!
Other Great Party Recipes
Did you make this?
Receive new recipes & dinner ideas straight to your inbox!
Let’s Make Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese Log
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced or 1 garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh curly parsley finely chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, cornstarch, and garlic until combined.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste and mix again to combine.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Place a layer of chopped parsley evenly over the lined loaf pan.
- Gently spread the cream cheese mixture over the parsley
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap & chill for 30 minutes
- Gently lift the cream cheese mixture with the plastic wrap lining the pan and place it on a flat surface.
- The bottom of the cream cheese will now be coated with the parsley
- From the short end, gently roll the coated cream cheese by lifting one end of the plastic wrap into a log.
- Place the log onto a serving dish, cover and chill for at least one hour before serving.
Erren’s Kitchen is written and produced for informational intentions only. We are not certified nutritionists, and the nutritional information found on this site has not been assessed or authorized by a nutritionist or the FDA. The nutritional information found in our recipes is offered as an estimate and should not be considered a guarantee or fact. The estimated data is provided as a courtesy and calculated through a third-party online nutritional calculator, spoonacular API. Although we do our best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered rough estimates. Many factors, such as brands or products purchased and the nutritional fluctuations that naturally occur in fresh produce, can alter the effectiveness of the nutritional information in any recipe. Furthermore, various online calculators provide different results depending on their particular algorithms and nutrition fact sources. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.