This recipe for Blueberry Scone Muffins makes muffins that are so tender and delicious, you’ll be collecting the crumbs to make sure not a morsel is wasted!
I call these Blueberry Scone Muffins because they taste more like a scone than you would expect a muffin to taste.
Muffins weren’t always so sweet. It wasn’t until chain coffee shops started popping up that all of a sudden muffins turned into cakes rather than anything else.
Once upon a time, when I was a kid I had blueberry and corn muffins for breakfast these weren’t too sweet and didn’t make me feel like I was having dessert for breakfast.
These blueberry muffins remind me of the muffins my mom made when I was growing up and they are best served warm with butter.
- To avoid tough muffins, be careful not to over mix the mixture once the flour is added.
- On muffin sizes – These muffins were made using a 2 ½ inch muffin cup pan, but muffin pans and cups come in so many different sizes (from mini – Jumbo) so be sure to adjust the cooking time according to your pan.
- Making mini muffins – To make mini muffins, bake about 8 minutes.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups blueberries
- butter, Softened (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line 12 muffin 2 ½ inch muffin cups in a muffin baking pan with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the egg, milk, and melted butter. Add the egg mixture into the well of the dry ingredients and stir just until it forms a moist lumpy batter.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter.