This recipe for Blueberry Crumb Cake Muffins combines two classics – Crumb Cake and blueberry muffins!
My son loves blueberries and quite often has them with his breakfast, but every once in a while he gets fed up with them and I’m stuck with a bunch of blueberries I need to use before they go bad.
Today was one of those days, but instead of taking no for an answer, I decided to make these muffins for his breakfast and he loved them!
Of course when I offered up these muffins with the crispy cinnamon topping, he was happy to have some blueberries! Who could blame him right?
These muffins are light, fluffy, moist and absolutely addictive!
If you are looking for a less cakey version of blueberry muffins, click here to see my Blueberry Scone Muffins.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose/plain flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- ¾ cup blueberries
For the Topping:
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose/plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375f/190C
- Line 12 muffin cups in a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Beat together the sugar, butter, and egg until well blended and pale.
- Stir in the milk and then add the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each 3/4 of the way full.
- Mix together the topping ingredients and top each muffin evenly with the topping.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.