This recipe for 10 Minute Greek Couscous Salad with Feta uses Sun-dried Tomatoes, olives, fresh mint and parsley that’s brought together with a Sun-dried Tomato Dressing.
This colorful salad makes a fabulous lunch or side dish for picnics or barbecues and it’s thrown together in just minutes!
My husband and I are picnic snobs. Don’t get me wrong, we love a picnic, but we hate bad picnic food. We have one of those luxury picnic baskets with all the utensils, silverware, glasses and other essential items (ie a corkscrew/bottle opener) included.
In the summertime we use it a lot. When you’re filling a picnic basket like that, who wants to fill it with boring sandwiches and packaged foods? We fill ours with beautiful antipasti items, fresh breads and gorgeous salads.
We used to go to a gourmet supermarket to get our goodies, but it added so much time to our day, we perfected making delicious home cooked foods to pack our picnics with. This salad is one of those items we make a lot.
Here’s how to make it:
Start with cooking about 1 cup of couscous according to the package instructions.
Meanwhile, to make the dressing, in a small bowl, mix together the sundried tomato paste, lemon juice and olive oil.
Prepare the rest of the ingredients and when the couscous is ready, fluff it using two forks.
Top with the prepared dressing.
Coat well with the dressing.
Add the sundried tomatoes, olives, herbs, and feta cheese.
Toss to mix well and taste to see if more seasoning is needed.
Serve warm or chilled – Either way is delicious.
- This salad uses couscous, but barley, quinoa, or any other hearty grain can easily be substituted.
- Variation: Easily make an Italian style version by using fresh mozzarella, Italian meats and olives.
- The base of the salad is made with sun-dried tomato paste and it’s such a simple base, it makes it really versatile and easy to build on so experiment with any of your favorite Mediterranean ingredients.
- This recipe stores very well chilled in the refrigerator for a couple of days which makes it the perfect make ahead dish.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
10 Minute Greek Couscous Salad with Feta
This full-flavored recipe is the perfect lunch or side dish, it tastes as good warm it does cold.
- 1 cup couscous
- 4 teaspoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon Juiced (discard the peel)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup Greek olives sliced
- ½ lb feta cheese cubed or crumbled
- ¾ cup Sun-dried tomatoes sliced or chopped
Prepare the 1 cup of couscous according to the package instructions.
Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by mixing the sun-dried tomato paste, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Fluff the couscous by running two forks through it. Top with the dressing and mix well to coat.
Add the mint, parsley, cilantro, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and feta mix to combine. Taste to see if more seasoning is needed and serve warm or chilled.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in 2014, but was republished with an updated recipe, new photos, step by step instructions, and tips in March of 2018.