Condensed milk is a magic ingredient in this recipe for No Churn Chocolate Chip & Marshmallow Ice Cream – the end result will be creamy, smooth and not icy at all.
Your guests will be impressed with this homemade, rich and indulgent dessert. Condensed milk is a magic ingredient when making no churn ice cream – the end result will be creamy, smooth and not at all icy.
I recently made my first homemade ice cream recipe using Cherries.
As delicious as it was, my seven year old son wasn’t too keen. Although he really enjoyed making it with me, he just isn’t a fan of cherries so I had to come up with something else to make it up to him.
He’s a big dark chocolate lover and he’s crazy for marshmallows so, this was an obvious choice to surprise him with when he came home from school on a very hot day (in the UK, the school year doesn’t end until the end of July). He was thrilled and absolutely loved it!
I have to say even I was surprised at how creamy this ice cream was. It was really difficult to photograph because soft ice cream is hard to make look pretty, but I did my best because I just had to share this amazing recipe.
It stayed creamy for days on end and never got the least bit icy. I had to hide a couple of scoops because I knew it wouldn’t last long enough to get it in front of my camera. I am glad I did because five days later, it was still silky smooth and delicious!
It’s super easy to make. I melted some dark chocolate, added it to the condensed milk and blended until smooth.
Then I whipped the cream and folded it into the condensed milk mixture.Then I folded in the marshmallows and chocolate chips, added it to a freezer safe container, and in just a few hours it was ready to eat!
No Churn Chocolate Chip & Marshmallow Ice Cream
Condensed milk is a magic ingredient in this recipe for No Churn Chocolate Chip & Marshmallow Ice Cream - the end result will be creamy, smooth and not icy at all.
- 6 oz good quality dark chocolate chopped
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1¼ cups whipping cream
- 1 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Put the chocolate in a medium sized heatproof bowl melt it over a double boiler until smooth and fluid.
- Add the condensed milk and blend until smooth and fully combined.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 15 -20 minutes before serving.