Condensed milk is a magic ingredient in this recipe for No Churn Chocolate Chip & Marshmallow Ice Cream – the end result is creamy, smooth and not icy at all.
Ever since I made my Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream I’ve become obsessed with no churn ice cream. It was so good, I just had to try other flavors. Now, I am loving this easy No Churn Chocolate Chip & Marshmallow Ice Cream.
Why this recipe works:
- No-churn ice cream is just magical, because no special equipment is needed.
- All it needs is two things: sweetened condensed milk and cream – after that, anything is possible.
- Made with melted, dark chocolate, this recipe is rich in deep chocolate flavor.
You would never know this ice cream is made without an ice cream maker. It is super creamy! I’ll tell you one thing for sure – This no churn business is the real deal!
I have to say that even I was surprised at how creamy this ice cream was. I had to hide a couple of scoops because I knew it wouldn’t last long enough to get it in front of my camera. I am glad I did because five days later, it was still silky smooth and delicious!
Here’s How You Make It:
In a medium-sized heatproof bowl melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler until smooth. Mix the melted dark chocolate with the condensed milk and blend until smooth.
Fold in the whipped cream.
Add the marshmallow and chocolate chips.
Put the mixture into a freezer safe container.
Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours. About 15 -20 minutes before serving remove from the freezer so it’s easy to scoop.
Serve, and enjoy every last bite!
Tips for Perfect No Churn Ice Cream:
- Start with cold ingredients – Ice cream made in an ice cream maker is made by quickly getting the mixture as cold as possible churning. So to mimic the same effect, start off with chilled ingredients.
- Don’t substitute the condensed milk – To avoid no-churn ice cream from becoming icy, ingredients that don’t freeze (like condensed milk) must be used. This ensures a creamy consistency.
- Use high-quality ingredients – Using good quality chocolate in the ice cream mixture and the chocolate chips will ensure the best flavors. So don’t skimp on the quality.
- Add peanuts for extra crunch.
- Swap chocolate chips for white chocolate chips for a nice contrast in flavors.
- Crush graham cracker pieces and add to the ice cream for a s’mores-like ice cream.
How long does it take to freeze no-churn ice cream? No churn ice cream is ready to eat after 4–5 hours in the freezer or if you like softer ice cream, you should be good to go in just 3 hours.
Never Miss A Single Recipe!
Join the free Erren's Kitchen mailing list & get the latest tasty goodness straight to your inbox!
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
No Churn Chocolate Chip & Marshmallow Ice Cream
Condensed milk is a magic ingredient in this recipe for No Churn Chocolate Chip & Marshmallow Ice Cream - the end result will be creamy, smooth and not icy at all.
- 6 oz good-quality dark chocolate chopped
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1¼ cups whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
Put the chocolate in a medium-sized heatproof bowl melt it over a double boiler until smooth and fluid.
Add the condensed milk and blend until smooth and fully combined.
Whip the cream until it holds its shape.
Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
Add in the chocolate chips and marshmallows
Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze for one hour, mix to distribute the ingredients evenly, return to the freezer for another 2 hours.
Remove from the freezer 15 -20 minutes before serving.
Update Notes: This post was originally published in July of 2015, but was republished with step by step instructions and tips in June of 2018.